Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Throttle Installation - 
 
A clean, simple throttle stop that holds the throttle lever in the same position as stock. I could not use the stock stop, however, because it interfered with the coil bracket. Ultimately I will probably modify or reposition the coil bracket, the throttle lever strikes it when the engine lugs and under extreme acceleration.
The throttle cable was originally the cruise control cable from a late-model Honda. I believe it was a 4th generation Accord. It is, magically, the correct length, has the correct ends and has the clamp bolts at the throttle body end in the right place. All I had to do to modify it is trim about an inch of sheath off the throttle lever end of the cable.
I don't love the bracket I made for the throttle lever end of the cable. It is the one piece on the car that was designed with a hammer instead of a ruler. But, it works and looks okay if you squint at it. The clamp is stock Roadster.
Here's a view of how I made the depressed channel in the top of the bracket to hold the cable in place properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment